The Andersons

Hello all! This blog is an attempt to give the world - our friends, families, and neighbors a little glimpse into our life.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Our Visit to Aspermont

Well, Brayden go to see where his old man grew up a couple of weekends ago. He may not remember it, but his grandparents sure will. Katy, Brayden and I went out to visit Aspermont and show off the little one.

We had a blowout on the way there. Fortunately I heard something going wrong before the tire went completely caput. There was a huge bulge on the inside sidewall of the tire, so I stopped to change it. The spare resembles the tire of a dirt bike I had when I was a kid. Within a matter of about 10 minutes we had three people stop and ask if we needed help. I changed the flat, but the tire needed to be aired up, so a good natured farmer drove back to his house and picked up his air tank and brough us some air. What a difference from the City.

We made it to the farm just fine, dropped the tire off (Ricky had found someone who would fix the tire, on a holiday weekend in a small town no less) and headed out to the ranch.

We went to church on Sunday and all Mom's friends ooed and aaahhhed over Brayden. Katy and I tried to go to the Drive in movies later that night, because I have been telling K for the longest that I would take her, and when we got there, it was closed for the weekend. Just figgures. Here are some picts:

The first vehicle I ever drove, the old Anderson homestead (my Dad was born in one of the rooms of the old house) and various other picts:







1 Comments:

Blogger DGH said...

Oh geez! man your making me miss my home town now, thanks...;)

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home