The Andersons

Hello all! This blog is an attempt to give the world - our friends, families, and neighbors a little glimpse into our life.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

36 Weeks...and counting

Had another doctor appointment today. Looks like the baby had another growth spurt. He's measuring in around 8lb 1oz (give or take a pound). His femur is long too, so it looks like he's tall. I don't have the exact measurement, but it was above 7cm and in the 90something percentile. We'll see how tall he is when we meet him!

The doc saw on my NST sheet (the monitoring I do at the hospital 2x/wk) that I was having relatively frequent contractions, and then checked to see if they were doing anything yet. I'm 3cm dilated. Next week, she'll try some methods to try to bring the onset of labor without inducing me. If my body is ready to go into labor, I should have the baby by the end of next week. If not, she'll try again the following week.

Here is today's pic of the baby. Looks pretty similar to the last one...she commented on the chubby cheeks. At least this one may favor me a bit with the Derr cheeks...Brayden has always looked just like Greg. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Nikki Hoover said...

can't wait to see pics of baby Gus! = )
I hope the next week, or so, isn't too miserable for you.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Mom and Gapga said...

Hope this gets through this time...It was good to see little Gus agan...You know ya'll are in our thoughts and prayers...love Mom and Gapga

8:02 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

OK. I love the ultrasound pics but I want to see a preggo pic of you!! Isn't 3 cm more than you ever were with Brayden? I'm going to be checking the blog constantly. Yeah early baby!! It looks like our birth experiences are opposite. My first was SOOO early and my second was SOOO late.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home